With the increasing number of cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) being reported across the world, Baltimore Celtic’s leadership is in contact with MSYSA, along with leagues, tournaments, and practice locations. We are also monitoring national outlets in conjunction with our State and local leadership. Our priority as always is for the safety of our players, coaches, staff and families so we will provide further updates as they become available,
Effective immediately, Baltimore Celtic Soccer Club is suspending all handshakes in pre or post practice / game meetings between players, coaches, officials, game administrators and others involved in practice / game operations. Please replace the gestures with forearm or elbow bumps, or eliminate contact entirely. Please implement these changes immediately in practice and both home and away contests and continue to utilize them until further notice.
Coaching Staffs please relay to visiting teams prior to pre-game proceedings.
Best Practices for Health
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Additionally, there are a number of different resources and communications from the CDC regarding the Coronavirus that you can watch HERE.
Thank you for your understanding as our priority is the welfare and safety of our members.